The word “outstanding” has a simple definition in Webster’s dictionary: exceptionally good. Only under circumstances where the subject has exceeded expectations or defied logic is it used. This weekend, Northwood University uses it to signify the best of the business world at our annual Outstanding Business Leader Awards gala. We will honor the accomplishments of six leaders this year:
- Mark Davidoff, Michigan Managing Partner, Deloitte LLP
- Mort Harris, philanthropist and entrepreneur
- Cathy LaValley, Founder and President, Cathy's Concepts
- Michael Peay, CEO and owner, Holiday World of Houston, LP RV Dealerships
- Ray Scarpelli Jr., President and Dealer Principal, Ray Chevrolet, Ray Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Ram, Business Partner in Raymond Chevrolet & KIA
- Sam Simon, Founder and Chairman, Simon Group Holdings
These game-changers and entrepreneurs have led lives of achievement that exemplify character and integrity, important tenets of the Northwood Idea. They provide an example to our students through their tireless dedication to making the world a better place. When Northwood co-founder Dr. Arthur Turner conceived the Outstanding Business Leader Awards in 1981, he did so to recognize leaders in the American free-enterprise system.
Next week, we will celebrate another important holiday in the life of our University. Monday, March 19 kicks off Values Emphasis Week, several days of celebration of the code of ethics and ideals we were founded upon. The week will conclude on March 23, Northwood’s Founders Day, where we will celebrate one more year of sharing the Northwood Idea with the world.
I look forward to the celebrations ahead!
Have a great weekend,
Keith A. Pretty, J.D. President and CEO Northwood University 4000 Whiting Drive Midland, MI 48640 989.837.4203 email@example.com