This weekend, we celebrate the Northwood University Outstanding Business Leader (OBL) Awards. The OBL awards recognize leaders who exemplify business, community and personal success, and serve as an opportunity for our students to engage with professionals who embrace the unique philosophy of our institution. This year, the seven honorees are pillars of the business community who truly embody our “Go MAD- Go Make A Difference” theme. They are an inspiring collection of community builders, educational innovators, global business experts, and job creators. Their commitment to free-enterprise and strong, ethical leadership has allowed them to give back to the initiatives and communities they care about.
They are role models for the more than 50 Northwood students who have traveled to Florida this weekend, many of whom were generously sponsored by former OBL honoree Robert Baidas, who recognized the value of experiencing, engaging and learning from one another.
Tomorrow we will recognize these 2017 Outstanding Business Leaders:
- Hank Graff, President, Graff Automotive Group;
- Mary Ann Van Lokeren, Former Chairman & CEO, Krey Distributing Company;
- Bernie Marcus, Co-Founder, The Home Depot and Job Creators Network;
- Thomas J. Moran, CEO & Founder, Moran Iron Works and Industrial Arts Institute;
- Lon Morey, Former Owner & Chairman, Morbark Industries;
- Lt. Col. (Ret.) Allen B. West, Executive Director and Vice Chair of the Board of the National Center for Policy Analysis, and Former Congressman, Florida’s 22nd Congressional District; and
- Carol A. Williams, Board Chairman at Owens Illinois, and Former Executive Vice President, Manufacturing & Engineering, The Dow Chemical Company.
Congratulations to our OBL Class of 2017. We look forward to many more opportunities to have our honorees “make a difference,” and enable us to continue to develop the future leaders of a global, free-enterprise society.
Have a great weekend!
Keith A. Pretty, J.D. President and CEO Northwood University 4000 Whiting Drive Midland, MI 48640 989.837.4203 firstname.lastname@example.org