Entrepreneurs, Community-builders Named 2018 Distinguished Women
Northwood University has announced the 2018 honorees for the institution’s annual Distinguished Women Awards. The awards honor women from across the country who have made a difference in their business and community in education, non-profit foundations, the corporate inclusion of diversity, travel hospitality and the arts that inspire all generations. The 2018 class of honorees includes:
- Roberta (Bobbie) Arnold, President and CEO of Charles J. Strosacker Foundation;
- Mary Callaghan Lynch, professional opera singer, founder of Motor City Lyric Opera, and Vocalist with Lynch and Sons Funeral Directors;
- Karen S. Carter, Chief Inclusion Officer at Dow Chemical;
- Dolly Clement, Executive Director of the Robert W. Plaster Foundation;
- Lisa Phillips, Principal of Cass Technical High School;
- Annette Rummel, President/CEO of the Great Lakes Bay Regional Convention & Visitors Bureaus of Bay County, Midland County and Saginaw County; and
- Linda Schinkel Rodney, Shinkle Fine Arts, LLC.
The Distinguished Women Award was created 49 years ago to honor the enormous contributions of women. The award is a recognition of excellence where the recipients represent the ideals Northwood instills in its own students: commitment to free enterprise, the partnership of arts and business, and the management of global commerce. All honorees past and present serve as role models for Northwood University students.
“This class of Distinguished Women exemplifies the very reason Northwood University honors them,” said Keith Pretty, Northwood University President and Chief Executive Officer. “When organizations and institutions connect to contribute for the common good, we transform the marketplace, providing value to all we do.”
Northwood University bestows the tremendous honor of the Distinguished Woman Award over a multi-day celebration ending with a formal gala event where the members will receive a bronze medallion. The 2018 gala will be held at the Midland Country Club on September 29, 2018.
For more information about the Distinguished Women event, or for a full listing of past awardees, contact Ashleigh Summers at 989.837.4465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.