Northwood University Honors Automobile Dealers with Dealer Education Awards
MIDLAND, Mich. – Northwood University has announced the 2018 Dealer Education Award recipients. Annually, Northwood recognizes owners and dealer principals in the automotive marketing field who have made noteworthy, individual contributions to public or private education. “Successful business leaders never stop learning, and we commend this year’s group of owners, dealer principals and partners who share that perspective with Northwood University,” said Keith Pretty, President and CEO of Northwood. “This year’s recipients are excellent role models for tomorrow’s automotive industry leaders.”
This year’s honorees include:
- Birgit Behrens, Business Manager, ZDK Bonn, Germany
- Steven Brown, Dealer Principal, Brown Motors, Inc., Petoskey, Michigan
- James V. Gramm, President, Safford Automotive Group, Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Irving J. Matthews, President & CEO, Matthews Automotive Group, Mount Dora, Florida
- Daniel E. Reineke, Co-Owner, Reineke Family Dealerships, Tiffin, Ohio
- Mark N. Scarpelli, President, Raymond Chevrolet; Raymond Kia, Antioch, Illinois
- Jeffrey D. Smail, Sr., Partner/Owner, Smail Automotive Group, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Four recipients—Brown, Reineke, Scarpelli and Smail—are alumni of the automotive marketing and management program at Northwood. Scarpelli also received an Honorary Doctorate from the university when he spoke at Northwood’s commencement in 2017.
More than 30 Northwood students enrolled in the automotive marketing and management program will be at NADA, including those who will present the awards presentation. They will gain hands-on experience and exposure to some of the most successful dealers in the automotive industry, while networking and learning about internships and career opportunities.
The awards are presented at a breakfast at the National Automobile Dealers Association Annual Convention on March 24 at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Media are invited to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your seat.
Additional biographical information and headshot images available upon request.