Northwood University Announces Class of 2017 Distinguished Women
Northwood University has announced the 2017 honorees for the institution’s annual Distinguished Women Awards. Awardees represent exceptional community service and business expertise from the automotive industry, nonprofit sector, large-format print production, and a leading Michigan hospitality brand. The 2017 class of honorees includes:
- Katie Bowman Coleman, Dealer/Owner, Bowman Chevrolet of Clarkston, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan;
- Eileen A. Curtis, President and CEO, Bay Area Community Foundation, Bay City, Michigan;
- Pamela Good, Executive Director, Beyond Basics, Birmingham, Michigan;
- Patricia Leonard, Executive Director of the Charles M. Bauervic Foundation, Suttons Bay, Michigan;
- Catherine Monson is CEO and President of FASTSIGNS® International, Inc., Carrollton, Texas;
- Elyse M. Rogers, renowned writer, community activist, and philanthropist, Midland, Michigan;
- Judy Zehnder, President of Bavarian Inn Lodge, Frankenmuth, Michigan.
The awards, annually bestowed, celebrate the achievements of seven women who reflect commitment to free enterprise, the partnership to arts and business, and the management of global commerce.
“Each year Northwood celebrates leading women who serve as role models for our students and alumni and offer dedication to the principles of both higher education and a global, free-enterprise society,” said Keith Pretty, Northwood University president and chief executive officer. “We are pleased to recognize the leadership of the 2017 honorees with this special award.”
Northwood University bestows the Distinguished Women Award at a gala event. The 2017 awards gala will be held at the H Hotel on November 4, 2017. For more information about the Distinguished Women event, contact Ashleigh Summers at 989.837.4465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.