Capital improvements and expansion of programming at undergraduate and graduate levels mark significant investments over the next several years MIDLAND, Michigan (March 18, 2015) – Northwood University has launched a major system-wide restructuring initiative, “Moving Northwood University Forward,” aimed at further positioning it as it strives to be the premier global business university based on the free-enterprise model.
This new strategic initiative concentrates primarily on the move to the single-campus model – Northwood University’s residential campus in Midland and numerous academic and facilities enhancements within the system. Earlier today, Northwood University announced that Florida-based Keiser University will purchase Northwood’s traditional, residential campus in West Palm Beach, Florida.
“As a reality of today’s higher education market, creating a path to a sustainable future for the university allows us to reinforce our ongoing relevance, vitality and financial strengths so that we may continue providing our students with a world-class business education, based on the free-enterprise system,” explains Northwood University President and CEO Keith A. Pretty. “This restructuring involves fundamental change of the status quo and letting go of our past. This will be a new and exciting version of Northwood University.”
As part of this restructuring, the university announces the following investments, designed at creating an exciting and sustainable future at the campus and within the Northwood University system:
- Constructing the new Richard DeVos Graduate School of Management Building on the Midland campus.
- Planning for new and enhanced student housing on the Midland campus.
- Expanding the Bennett Athletic Center on the Midland campus.
- Continuing to expand its successful Adult Degree Program and DeVos Graduate School of Management throughout the United States.
- Aggressively expanding and growing its Center for Corporate and Industry Education.
- Enhancing the “Northwood University Experience” for today’s students and those well into the future.
- Nurturing and expanding its international partnerships.
“By taking these significant steps, Northwood University will be able to more deftly focus on areas of momentum and grown and further build upon the unique, ‘Northwood University Experience’ at all points of contact,” Pretty says. “We will strive for excellence in all that we do, offering a world-class, free-enterprise business education.”