Best College Degrees for In-Demand Careers
YAHOO! Education recently published an article outlining the best college degrees for in-demand careers. A degree in Business took the number one spot. What's more, half of the featured degrees on the list are offered at Northwood University. Own your future with a degree in one of these in-demand careers. Highlights from the article are below, see the full article at education.yahoo.net
Business In-Demand Career Spotlight
- Human resources specialists are often responsible for managing a company's payroll, recruitment, and benefits. Overall employment is projected to grow by 22 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Financial analysts provide investment information to companies and individuals. Financial analyst positions are projected to increase by 20 percent during the 2008 and 2018 decade.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree Programs
Accounting In-Demand Career Spotlight
- Accountants/auditors generally oversee the financial aspects of companies, such as budgets, taxes, and public records. Accounting jobs are projected to grow by 22 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Cost estimators usually predict the cost, size, and duration of projects in construction and manufacturing. Cost estimator positions are projected to grow by 25 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Accounting Degree Program
Health Care Administration In-Demand Spotlight
- Medical and health services managers handle the day-to-day operations of care facilities, such as personnel, finances, and admissions. The employment of medical and health services managers is projected to increase by 16 percent from 2008 to 2018.
- Health Care Management Degree Program